Random Rants and Raves of a Construction Worker

Random Rants, Raves, and Realizations of a Construction Worker, Father, and Husband

Monday, October 11, 2010

The Big Day Update

Ok, so it is a quarter after ten on a night when I have to get up and head to Florence in the morning and be there by seven, and I just got finished cutting my hair and taking a shower... But anyway, on with the update... Like I said in the last post I was unable to go this morning to drop her off and I truly did feel bad for it, but Candice called me and let me know that everything went ok, Heather's teacher wasn't there yet this morning so she got to go sit in like a community TV room or something and watch TV until she arrived, she was unsure about everything at first but with some of the teachers help she slowly worked her way in with the crowd... So, Candice was able to tell her bye without any fuss, again she was very unsure of what was going on... The owner of the daycare came over and talked to Candice about everything and gave her a hug and ensured her that everything would be ok, which I thought was fabulous... That lady is truly great, and just as a side note, her name is Heather also... The day went on as usually as it could, even though Candice told me everything went ok I still worried all day... I thought Heather would clam up and not talk to anybody because she is so shy around strangers... So when the end of my day FINALLY came I was ready to go see how everything went after Candice left, Candice ended up calling me about a quarter after five to let me know she was off work and didn't have to work overtime this week which is a good thing, since I will be in Florence now... She met me up at the daycare and we went inside together... It made me feel absolutely wonderful to open the door and see my little girl playing in a tunnel and enjoying herself without a care in the world... First thing she said to us was "I'm Stuck" which clearly she wasn't, after she got "unstuck" out of the tunnel, she took her dinosaur over to a little play sink to wash it, as she was doing that I asked her if she was ready to go home to which she replied "Not now, I'm in school"... It was great, I don't think I could have been happier to know that she liked it... After she got finished washing her dinosaur she went over and put him in the toy box back where he goes and put her little back pack on and was ready to head out the door... So I am very please to let everyone know that she really enjoyed herself at school today and I think she is looking forward to going back and playing with her new friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment