Random Rants and Raves of a Construction Worker

Random Rants, Raves, and Realizations of a Construction Worker, Father, and Husband

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Job Yet Again...

Well, it's the first day at another new job site for me, and this one is out of town... I am heading to Florence today to be the first face this new contracting company sees... We are starting the eighth floor of a hospital today and this company that we are contracting the work from and multi-million dollars worth of work coming up so depending on how this job goes depends on how much of the other work we get... Should I feel privileged that I got chosen to go to this job and make the first impression?? I think so, but that doesn't mean I have to like it, I really don't want to go out of town to work and it is up to the foreman whether or not we stay in a hotel or not... He said we are going to try and make the drive but, it is almost two hundred miles for him to drive one way, so I'm not sure how long he will want to keep it up... Maybe, it won't be too bad on him, good news is he is going to pick me up and let me ride with him out there so I will be able to save my gas and everything, and it is that pretty cool and laid back foreman that I got the chance to work with last Thursday, so it won't be too bad... I am really hoping that I get back into town soon enough to go and pick Heather up from school again, but I really don't think that will happen, at least I got to pick her up her first day... And I know she will do great again today, yet, I'm still kinda worried... Well, I am gonna start trying to post the time on each update since the time on the Blog is so far off, which I don't know why that is... But, it is currently about four thirty, and my coffee is ready, so I am going to get in there and fix me a cup or six... See y'all on the next update!!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck with everything ! I hope you like your new job !

    ReplyDelete