Random Rants and Raves of a Construction Worker

Random Rants, Raves, and Realizations of a Construction Worker, Father, and Husband

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Frankie's Fun Park

  Ok, as promised here is the update of my Friday with Heather... It turned out to be a fabulous day and I really enjoyed it, we started off getting Candice's car fixed and now it actually runs like it's suppose to... then we took off to Target to do a little shopping before we took off for Frankie's... It was more waiting on it to warm up some than shopping but anyway... While we were there I came to a realization that I think women truly believe (not all but definitely some) that if they can SQUEEZE into a pair of six or eight jeans then they are a six or eight... WRONG!!! if you have enough side fat hanging over that people can't tell if you are wearing a belt or not then that is not your size... Jeez... Sorry, just had to get that out... After target and my Starbucks coffee we headed to Frankie's, On the way there naturally my little girl fell asleep in the car...

So, while she was sleeping I took the time to play Texas Hold Em and Checkers on the Zune, and listen to 107.5 The Game... At least I had something to help keep me occupied... After she woke up, turned out that hour and a half nap done her a lot of good and she was in a wonderful mood for me and turned into kind of a camera ham...

So we slowly made our way into Frankie's after we had to go and look at the water falls, on the back of the miniature golf course... First thing we had to do was ride the Go-Carts, they are six dollars to ride, I have to say she absolutely loves riding in them... Thanks guy that takes the tokens for taking these wonderful pictures for me...



After the Go-Carts and talking her out of the Super Slide we went inside to play some games and win her some tickets, and let it be known that she gets to pick all of the games and she plays them all by herself... She really enjoys it and absolutely loves getting the tickets and feeding them to the ticket eater... First game we played was a drop ball game... The object is to drop six rubber balls into six red spots on the wheel, the more you hit the more tickets you get, and it is a dollar a play...


After that game she wanted to play a game where you pick a color and the ball rolls around like a roulette table and if it lands on you color you win, the colors are different sizes and the smaller color you pick the more tickets you win, red and green are the same size for fifteen tickets, the blue is smaller for twenty-five tickets, the yellow is smaller than the blue for forty-five tickets, and the white is smallest for seventy-five tickets, and it is twenty-five cents per play... Her first color she picked was yellow, and it hit, I got so excited for her because it was forty-five tickets... The only problem was the machine didn't give us any tickets, so I had to call someone for help, and she did not understand the waiting, but the guy came and gave us our tickets and refilled the machine... By this time she was ready to move on to bigger and better things... So we went up a couple of steps and she played a wheel of fortune game where you spin a wheel, it is three dollars a play and you have the opportunity to win two thousand tickets... She wasn't that lucky, but she did hit it for seventy-five tickets... She would have like it a lot more but after she had pulled the handle she tried to do it again and it hit her in the head, do to no resistance, so she was ready to move on after that... Next she wanted to play the Red Hot Sevens game it is just like the first game but bigger and with seven balls and you get more tickets... She loves watching the balls fall and bounce... I think it's her favorite game, and she racks up on it... She even made two older girls envy her, because of how many tickets she was winning, I loved it...


After she got done with that game we went back to the color picking game and she chose blue this time and hit it right on and wouldn't you know it, it didn't give us tickets again... So, we had to wait again, this time everyone was on lunch but one guy and he came to help us as soon as he could... When it first happened I thought I picked the wrong side of the machine but I was almost certain it was the side the guy refilled the first time... So, when the guy came to open it up and refill it, I saw I was on the right side and the guy from earlier forgot to take it off of manual when he made it spit out our tickets earlier, so this guy flipped a switch and it started giving us our twenty-five tickets, while it was dispensing, he tore his bundle he was going to refill it with about in half and handed it to us for us having to wait, I told him he didn't have to that it was dispensing our tickets now but he said good you can have those too... Well, the machine didn't stop at twenty-five, it gave us the twenty-five plus our forty-five from earlier... So with those seventy, plus what the really nice guy gave us we hit up that game for almost six hundred tickets, so I thought it was time to move on... We went on to play Deal or No Deal, she really enjoyed that game too, she picked her case and went on playing, first offer was fifty-eight tickets, but she didn't want to take the deal she wanted to keep playing, second offer was forty-two tickets, still no deal, next offer was eighteen tickets but she wanted to keep her case and ended up with four tickets... I was disappointed for her but she didn't mind at all, because she doesn't fully understand the whole concept of tickets she just likes getting whatever she gets... After that we went and I play a grab machine, because she wanted a spiked rubber bounce ball... I made sure she understood the fact that she wouldn't get any tickets and she might not even get a ball... She said ok so I played it... I actually won her a purple ball and it was pretty simple, so I played again and won her a pink one as well... After that she wanted to play Red Hot Sevens again, so we headed over that way...


There she is with her favorite game a her two balls, that I won, YAY!! After that we went and fed our tickets to the ticket eater and loaded them onto our card...

You might not see it but it says 1,506 tickets


Tell me how great that is, I got out of there with only spending a total of forty dollars and she got two balls that stores want ten dollars for and she got one thousand five hundred and six tickets... So all in all I think that was a wonderful trip... After Frankie's we headed over to Columbiana Centre, to walk around the mall a bit and to grab some lunch... At the mall we ate baked ziti from Sbarro's and then went on about our shopping... The only thing I ended up buying were four t-shirts from Champs and they were bright high visibility colors for work... But we still ended up spending about two hours inside the mall just looking around, and waiting on Candice to get off work... We left the mall and headed back to our side of town to meet Candice, on the way back over to mom's house my little one fell asleep again...


I must have really worn her out because she doesn't ever take two naps in one day... That's a good thing I think, I just hope she had as much fun as I did... After Candice met up with us we took in the paperwork for daycare, which she will start on Monday... Not looking forward to it but I think she will love playing with the other kids and she keeps saying she is ready for school... So we will see, it is the next step in our lives and we will take it one day at a time... I will keep everyone posted on how it is going...

Until next time, stay safe and Go Gamecocks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment